____________________

This blog is meant to be a source
of encouragement to all who read it.
Our prayer is that Aidan’s illness &
journey will be a blessing to many...
____________________

____________________

Facebook Group:
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=112024017068



Friday 4 September 2009

The Operation - Insertion of Chemo Port...

Aidan underwent an operation on 29th April 2009 to insert a chemo Port. Before the Operation, we were requested to get someone to donate blood platelets for Aidan which would be administered to him during the operation as his platelets were low. Alex Wenzel, a good friend of ours was in the hospital within 15 minutes of our call.

My darling Aidan looked like a little angel in his long hospital gown. The nurses made a balloon for him out of a glove while waiting for the doctors to arrive. I held him while they sedated him, then they took him from me. My heart pained within me as I watched my helpless little one being taken from me.... but I prayed knowing that life and death..... and above all our lives... are in God’s hands.

1 comment:

  1. Aidan passed away peacefully on 23rd April 2023. He had a second bout with Leukemia in 2020 and had a relapse 8 months after recovering.
    We miss him dearly and will always be in our hearts and mind.

    ReplyDelete